MSI GT63 Titan 8RG Specs
- Latest 8th Gen. Intel® Core™ i7 processor
- Windows 10 Home / Windows 10 Pro
- Latest GeForce® GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X with ultra performance
- Per-Key RGB gaming keyboard by SteelSeries
- Cooler Boost 5 – Revolutionary cooling module for enthusiastic gaming
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920×1080) display with 120 Hz refresh rate and 3ms response time (optional)
- 15.6″ 4K UHD (3840×2160) IPS level display (optional)
- Dragon Center 2.0
- Easy Overclocking with MSI SHIFT Technology (optional)
- Nahimic 3 Audio Technology delivering 360⁰ immersive audio experience
- Sound by Dynaudio system
- Killer DoubleShot Pro (Killer Gb LAN + Killer 802.11 a/c WiFi) with Smart Teaming
- Upgraded Killer Gigabit LAN Controller with Advanced Stream Detect 2.0 and Killer Shield
- USB 3.1 Type-C reversible plug
- True Color 2.0 Technology for increased color contrast and greater image detail
- Matrix Display supporting surround mode and 4K output up to 2 external monitors
- MSI X Boost technology supports faster storage access speed
MSI GT63 Titan 8RG Reviews
1. Notebook Check
For raw gaming performance, the MSI GT63 Titan 8RG does the trick. Its thermal management is noticeably better than that of its predecessor, and the graphical performance absolutely delivers. Yes, it’s big, it’s heavy, and it’s somewhat noisy—but it’s a classic desktop replacement through and through.
The touchpad buttons are loud and irritating (especially the left button on our review unit). And, while it’s a minor complaint, positioning some of the major ports on the rear of the unit does make for an inconvenient acrobatic exercise in some instances.
For those willing to trade some power for portability, the trendy thin-and-light gaming category offers the MSI GS65 Stealth Thin, ASUS ROG GM501, and Razer Blade 15, all of which feature their own unique sets of pros and cons. And finally, for those on a budget, the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 (and the newer Dell G7) can be a great place to start.
The MSI GT63 Titan 8RG makes its brothers proud, continuing the machines’ reign as some of the most powerful gaming laptops on the tech block. Great keyboard with RGB lighting; Amazing 120-Hz display; Strong CPU and GPU performance; Dynamic speakers; Remarkably cool temps. On the downside, MSI GT63 8RG is expensive, has a lame design and its touchpad is finicky with Windows gestures.
3. Toms hardware
The MSI GT63 Titan is a powerful gaming machine with a comfortable keyboard, but it could use a new design and a better touchpad.